Gus is in the midst of a full scale rebellion. He refuses to take a bath or a shower. This is strange for a child who has always enjoyed, and even looked forward to, bath time. I have tried everything I can think of to get him clean. I have offered baths or showers, picking out a different toy to take with him, even bribery, but nothing is working. Any ideas or suggestions?
3 comments:
Claire has always loved baths, too. But recently she has been resisting them, and we have had to put her in the tub kicking and crying. But, I will say that bubble baths work every time. Lots of bubbles!
I think Lauren is right with the bubbles, but let him put the bubble bath into the water. Also, sometimes you just have to do like Claire and put him in kicking and screaming. You might also try to find some waterproof books and let him "soak" with a book like grownups do.
This too shall pass. So he gets a bit grungy. Next time there's an important "outing" just explain to him that you really can' take him to the (zoo, park) when he hasn't bathed. In the meantime, if he refuses his bath don't make a fuss. Right now it's far more important to you than it is to him. Let him make the choice but with consequences. Sorry everyone but I don't believe in bribery, but I do believe in rewards for good behavior. Now you can file this away with Granny's old-time remedies.
Post a Comment