Pages

28 July 2010

Mr. Roboto

We always seem to have boxes around, boxes of all shapes and sizes. Usually Gus or Cormac climb or crawl in. Gus uses them to put toys in. Cormac tries to use them to chew on. Yesterday I thought we would try something new, so Gus and I made a robot out of one. I cut holes for the face and then Gus decorated it with crayons and stickers.
















Then Gus tried it out.  We used the parts from the top of the box for robot arms and legs, which Gus also decorated.  We used ribbon to put those on.















He had a blast decorating it and the robot head now sits in the living room on display. Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

3 comments:

Cindy Siegrist said...

I remember pictures of Gus in the laundry basket. It's nice to know he's following in his big brother's footsteps. Gus was obviously very proud of his "robot."

Rick and Janet said...

So much fun with the simple things! Nice thinking, Mom!

Rick and Janet said...

Cormac is determined to keep up with Gus in everything--and MORE! What next?? We love his smiling, little face!!!