Pages

13 July 2010

From the mouths of babes

Gus has continued to share his wisdom with us. Here are a few of my favorites:

  • Gus is now completely potty-trained, but we had issues with pooping in the toilet for quite awhile. Once when he had an accident I asked him why he didn't tell me so we could go to the toilet. His reply, "Because seven ate nine." I laughed so he uses this as an excuse a lot now.
  • If I leave my glasses anywhere within reach Gus finds them and goobers them up with his little fingers. Yesterday he was going for them and I asked to leave them alone since that is what I use to see. He told me that I need my eyes to see.
  • Gus has been learning where everyone lives (he knows that we live in South Carolina; Grandma, Mimi and Opa live in Oklahoma; Gam-Gam and Beebo live in Virginia).  On the drive to Virginia for the Fourth of July weekend I asked him where Gam-Gam lived and he told me she lived in her house. 
  • He now counts to 20-something.  It goes like this:  one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty, twenty.  Everytime.
  • Gus had his doctor bag out yesterday and was examining me.  He checked my eyes, ears, mouth, nose and then said he wanted to check my beep-beeps.  I was a little worried about what that was, but I let him continue the examination.  Turns out beep-beeps are eyebrows.  Who knew?
  • Gus has a little thing he does with Beebo and Gam-Gam.  It goes something like this:  A grandparent asks Gus, "Do you feel better than James Brown?"  Gus' reply is "Yeow!"  He was especially chipper this morning so Pat asked him if he felt better than James Brown.  Gus replied, "No, no, no.  I feel better than James White."

5 comments:

Kelsey Johnston Nuckolls said...

This just made me laugh out loud. That kid is a hoot.

Rick and Janet said...

Loved them all!!! Certainly, important medical info for Opa on that 5th one! :) :)

Phil, Lauren and Claire said...

I can't wait until Claire is saying cute stuff like that!!

Cindy Siegrist said...

Those are just hysterical! Kelsey is right, he's a hoot!

The Mills Gang said...

Love these!! So funny! Especially the beep-beeps! Learn something new every day!