Maggie and Cadel started German kindergarten today. Our little town's kindergarten had two spots open in the same class so we jumped on that and put them in there together. We went for a visit (schnuppertag) a couple of months ago so they knew a little bit of what to expect. They aren't the first American kids to go there, although I am not sure if there are any other American children there currently. Their lead teacher is very nice and speaks English, so right now she is using a little bit of English to help them with the transition.
Maggie and Cadel were both very excited to start school. We have spent time talking about it, gathering the proper gear and getting it all put into backpacks. So they were excited to head to school this morning. Cadel was nervous. When we arrived Maggie was a superstar. She participated and didn't bat an eyelash when I left. It was a little bit more difficult with Cadel. He didn't want to be left behind so I stayed a little bit. Once I left, though, he was fine. Their teacher said they both had a great day. They were all smiles when I picked them up. As we were walking to the car Maggie said, "It was a great school day, Mom." Since he has been home, Cadel can't stop talking about how everything was "super cool". So the first day ended up going well. Tomorrow they will ride the bus to school and they are very excited about that. So here's to a year of German adventures for these two!
No comments:
Post a Comment