Pages

08 April 2014

Cheyenne Mountain Xterra 5k

I ran in the Cheyenne Mountain Xterra 5k Trail Run this last Sunday.  I have been slowly (and when I say slowly, I mean like a turtle or molasses) getting back to running.  I try to carve out time three weekdays and once on the weekend.  It doesn't always work out but this trail run was the perfect goal.  I have never done trail runs before.  I had one practice run the weekend before but the weather on the weekends has not been conducive to trail running (at least not for beginners like me).  So on Sunday we all set out for the state park down the street for the race.  I was really nervous but it ended up being so much fun.  Unfortunately in the beginning I got stuck behind quite a few slower people.  Once I finally got the chance to pass them I was off.  Trail running is more difficult in that you have to pay more attention to where you are stepping, etc., but it was also so much more interesting.  I ended up finishing in 34:25.  I was even third for my age group.  It was such a good time and I am so happy I did it.  Now I just need to find a new goal.
Pre-race with the crew.
I have the best cheering section.

Three boys playing by the finish line.
Here I come!

No comments: