Gus started pre-school today. He has been very excited about this for quite awhile. Wednesday was the "get-acquainted morning". Gus and I headed up to his new school. He met his teacher, Mrs. Carey, and some of the other kids in his class. He thought it was neat that he has his own cubby hole and his label is a frog. He also spent a lot of time playing in his classroom and checking all of the stuff out. He didn't really play with any of the other kids because he was so busy looking at all of the toys and games.
This morning we got him ready to go and he was still very excited, although I knew he was a little nervous as well. Cormac and I took him into his classroom and he was nervous but he saw all of the other kids saying good-bye to their parents. Although he was nervous, he was ready and quickly said good-bye to us and went off to start his morning. I think it was much harder for me than it was for Gus. I think he is really ready for this time at pre-school and I am so proud of him. Gus continues to amaze me with how very bright and mature he is for a three-year-old.
Before school pictures:
Gus picked out his clothes for the first day of school. He wanted to wear a long-sleeved shirt and shorts (I helped a little in the matching).
Making goofy faces--it is so hard to get him to just smile for the camera.
In the car and ready to go. He took one of his cars to put in his cubby hole (in case he needed something for show and tell).
It was definitely more quiet at home without Gus (no conflicts over car/train/toy ownership). Cormac really missed Gus, at least in the beginning, until he realized he had all the toys to himself.
Gus was happy to see us when we picked him up. He had a good day. Mrs. Carey said it was a good day for Gus. She said he did very well sharing with one of the other little boys--the other little boy needed a little work on his sharing and she said Gus was very patient with the little boy. Gus said they painted, listened to music, listened to a story, played freeze dance and played outside on his first day. It was a good first day and Gus seems excited about going back next week.
2 comments:
LOVE these pics! Way to be brave, momma! I know I will cry on Claire's 1st day of preschool :)
Sounds like Gus had a great first day of school! He knows about sharing for sure! We're so happy he enjoyed himself!
Post a Comment