Pages

30 November 2009

Status Report

Just wanted to share how things are going waiting (still!) on the arrival of Baby Bryan: We went in last Monday to try to induce and I was 38 weeks + 3 days at that time. In Germany, patience is the key--they do not want to push too hard on a baby that is not yet to term and I tend to agree because I would prefer to avoid a c-section if I can. They do have many of the same methods of induction, but also begin the process with natural methods before going the route of medication. So we started that way and worked up to oral medication on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We weren't making much progess so they sent me home from the hospital for the weekend (I had been staying all week).

After meeting with the doctor this morning we now have a set plan of action in place. I will go back to try to induce again Wednesday and Thursday, if necessary. If still no progress (I am only dialated about 1 cm at this point--my boys never seem to be in a rush), then a c-section will be performed on Friday, the baby's due date. We are all a little tired, but luckily my mom is here to entertain Gus. It takes a small amount of understanding and patience to give birth in a foreign hospital, but we already had the experience with Gus so we knew what to expect. Thankfully, Pat is wonderful and calm and has been such a great source of strength. I am definately ready to see Baby #2, but also know he will be worth the wait. I am secretly hoping he gets an urge to make an appearance on his own in the next day or two, but I will post more when he does (finally) arrive.

2 comments:

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

Good luck, I've been thinking about you! Kelsey has been keeping us posted!

Ticey said...

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer!