Pages

20 February 2009

Welcome to Geekdom

The transition is now complete--we sold the BMW and the Honda Odyssey arrived Wednesday. Pat and I were both sad to see the car go and know that we are definately losing style points, but the minivan is AWESOME! Since we generally take Gus, Max, giant Euro-sized stroller and all the other "necessary" stuff, it is perfect. The minivan offers more space than even we know what to do with now. Pat has already named it--the BAV or Bryan Assault Vehicle. We took the BAV out for it's maiden voyage on Wednesday after we picked it up. Pat had a client testifying at a court-martial in Vilseck (about an hour and a half away) so we all loaded up to test out the new vehicle. I can honestly say it was fabulous, so I am now officially a dork. However, our trips will now be so much more comfortable for us all.

Here are a few pictures from the first trip. Gus sits up quite a bit higher in these seats than before so he was enjoying more of the view.
Max loves the minivan--so much space and he doesn't have to be crammed in next to Gus--has his own bench in the back.
Gus and I both like the DVD player. Here is Gus enjoying Ratatouille on the way to Vilseck.

7 comments:

Ticey said...

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be joining you soon. Our SUV is only a year old, but I'm already thinking that a mini-van would be so much easier!!! This is one of those "nevers" that I should not have muttered!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Max has his own bench?? what a lucky dog...!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

Becky - It's okay! The van is awesome! I'm still trying to shove Noah into my TWO door civic. Wish me luck!
PS I've been reading your blog for a long time now, since way before I started posting. I didn't post since I didn't have a user name. But Gus is beautiful, and I love reading about all your family's experiences in Germany.
Have a good weekend!

The Mills Gang said...

Oh no! You did it! I am still holding out as long as I can!!!! :)

Cindy Siegrist said...

I hope Gus saves a seat for Grandma when she comes to visit!

Rick and Janet said...

We love the BAV...it will be great for all the Bryan family "adventures!!!!"

Phil, Lauren and Claire said...

Phil and I always said we would never get a minivan. But, we've already said that the Jetta is way too small if we were to have a 2nd child...I'm all for practicality. Congrats on your new wheels!