Pages

10 December 2008

12 Month Check-up

Gus visited the doctor today for his 12 month check-up and he did a great job. He now weighs 26 lb. 5 oz. (90%)--his weight has finally slowed down a bit and this was the first time he was not off the charts. His height is now 32.5 inches (still off the charts on this one, above the 100%). His head is now 49.5 cm (again still off the charts and above the 100%). So I basically have a tall, skinny boy with a big head. He was very good for the doctor and even showed off his walking/getting into things skills in the exam room.

It was also time for the dreaded vaccinations and Gus received 5 shots (I had them go ahead with a flu shot for him). He did cry for a few minutes, but did a really good job. Since I was already there I went ahead and had the Flu-mist too--have to set the example, right? After his exhausting morning spent at the clinic, he fell asleep as soon as we got in the car to come home. Hopefully he won't feel too bad for long since his grandma arrives tomorrow!

3 comments:

Cindy Siegrist said...

Sounds like I should have been lifting weights before my visit! My, what a big boy!

Ashley said...

Wow what a big boy! I just want to squeeze him!

Rick and Janet said...

Great 1st year check-up!!! Way to GO, Gus!!!! :) :)