We had visitors the past week here in Bamberg. Gus' Mimi and Opa (my dad and Janet) made the trek across the big pond to visit us for week. We had a great time. Gus, Max and I took them all over Bamberg, showing them the historic sights, restaurants, breweries and shops. On Friday the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, was in town to speak at a political rally for her party so we stopped by the Maxplatz to watch her for a bit. That is probably the closest I will ever come to a world leader, so it was pretty cool. Saturday there was a street fest right on our street so we walked around and ate some good fest food. We also took Gus on his first train ride with a visit to Nuernberg (45 minutes by train). The Altstadt Fest was going on so we made a visit to that. It was a great fest in the old city. My dad and Pat then stayed in Nuernberg to go to a Nuernberg Ice Tigers hockey game.
The big event was on Monday when we boarded the train again to head down to Munich for Oktoberfest. We had a table reserved at the Hippodrom tent for lunch time. Gus, Pat and my dad were all dressed up in their lederhosen like good Bavarians--my little Gus with his rosy cheeks was the perfect Bavarian boy (he should be since he was born here). In our beer tent they were having a big luncheon for Munich's society women so we were able to see all kinds of female celebrities (talk show hosts and the like). It was interesting to watch them make their entrances with the paparazzi snapping pictures.
We had a terrific visit. Gus really loved all of the attention (Max too) and I appreciated a few extra pairs of hands.
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I wish Phil and I could have gone. Being 7 months pregnant does have its disadvantages...
It looks like you guys had a blast! I love the pic of Gus on your dad's shoulders with Pat in the background (there's no caption). TOO CUTE!!!
It looks like Mimi and Opa were enjoying Gus as much as he was enjoying them. What fun!
Post a Comment